About the Company
Medirex Systems Inc. has provided solutions primarily to the health care market in Canada for over 40 years. Our solutions contribute to improving health outcomes through better patient engagement. The company is committed to becoming a globally recognized brand and is actively recruiting for the key position Controller to join our leadership team as we transform ourselves.
If you live and breathe implementing change for the better and working with like-minded colleagues, then we need to talk. We’re looking for a flexible and versatile team player who will be responsible for developing and implementing finance and operational strategies that will contribute to the achievement of the company’s goals; short-term and long term. You are ready to prove your abilities and take responsibility in delivering on your objectives– most of all, you want to put your stamp on an evolving organization. You want to be part of a company transforming itself and desire to be an integral part of the winning team. You are very hands on and understand what it takes to build a team.
Without the strength of finance and operations, we wouldn’t be able to offer the industry-leading service we’re known for. We’re seeking an experienced professional to join us and build out the team. The ideal candidate will have proven industry experience as an accountant, preferably in a senior role. As a strong communicator and skilled financial analyst, you will make it your mission to streamline our budgeting, payroll, and financial reporting processes. You will produce thorough financial-status reports to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth. You will play a key role in implementing internal processes that support both our short and long term strategy.
Objectives of this Role
- Provide comprehensive financial updates by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points and liaise with external auditors as required
- Guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to current economic landscape
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines
- Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective action
- Maximize payroll efficiency through innovative process development
- Help develop and support short and long-term operational strategies
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate standards and regulatory requirements as well as the requirements of private contributions, loans, and government contracts
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures
- Establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field
- 10+ years proven accounting experience; 5+ years of experience as a senior-level accounting manager preferred
- Professional accounting certification
- Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards
- Strong understanding of economic and banking processes
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis
- Proven payroll experience, with a focus on streamlining accounting processes
- Exemplary history of financial project management
- Working knowledge of tax compliance regulations and reporting
If you are passionate about patient connections and patient safety please send us your resume!